Following on from yesterdays article on 7 reasons you need a training partner, here is SPC’s 7 top exercises you can do with someone else!
You can do these exercise with more than one person. You could even get the whole household involved!
Partner Pyramid Squats
- You rest whilst your partner is performing a squat
- Start with one rep each
- Increase the reps all the way up to 10 and back down again
- Only rest when your partner is performing the exercise
- You can increase the number of squats you do over time to challenge yourselves
Side To Sides
- Use any object in your house – a medicine ball works well but use anything you can find
- Rotate on both sides
- Start with 10 reps per side before swapping
- Try not to get dizzy! Aim to do 4-5 sets with 30s rest
Partner No Jump Burpees
- You rest in the extended plank position whilst your partner is performing a no jump burpee
- Do 10 reps each before restingAim to complete 5 rounds in total
- You can increase the number of burpees you do over time to challenge yourselves
- Add in a jump to the burpee if you have no knee or lower back issues (avoid if you do)
- Notice we bring our legs to the outside of our bodies to limit the strain on the lower back
Partner Leg Raises
- Both start lying on the ground
- Bring your legs off the ground (about 2-5 inches off the floor)
- Stay in that static positions whilst your partner performs the rep
- Aim to complete 10 reps each before lowering your legs to the ground
- Use your hands below your back to help support yourself
- Hold your hands at 90 degrees for your partner to aim to hit on each rep
- You can either sprint or march on the spot depending on your conditioning level
- Aim to do 30s on, 30s off
- Rest whilst your partner is performing the exercise
- Complete 5-10 rounds each
Partner Hip Thrusts
- An advanced exercise!
- If you have the strength having performed hip thrusts with weights before, try this!
- Rest your partner across your hip bone
- Progress to a point where none of their body is in contact with the floor
- Aim to do 5 sets of 12-15 reps
- Squeeze your glutes as hard as possible on each rep
Team Conditioning Circuit
- You can both perform this together at the same time!
- Start with 30s of each exercise before progressing to 45s and then 60s of each exercise
- Rest 60-90s between rounds and complete 5-10 total rounds depending on your fitness level
Grab members of your household and give these a go! They are a great way to help inspire and motivate you all to train.
Welcome to SPC Online.
Our facility is slowly reopening in line with the recommended government guidelines regarding Covid-19 in the workplace.
SPC are committed to the continued health and wellbeing of our members and are currently offering limited personal training services using our outside facility only whilst all group training sessions remain online.