Working your back muscles when you don’t have access to any equipment (or even a pull up bar) is proving to be the biggest challenge for those of you training at home.
In the bodyweight beast programme we have included back exercises using shopping bags
The Top 4 Exercises To Work Your Back At Home
- Drive your elbows into the ground
- Contract your upper back muscles hard
- Best performed when holding the position for upwards of 2s to 30s (per repetition) depending on your goals
- We recommend either performing 3-4 sets of 30s holds (tougher than it looks) or 3-4 sets of 10-15 reps with a 2s hold per repetition
- Be sure to brace your back muscles hard throughout
- Perform the rotations of your shoulders in a controlled manner
- This also doubles up as a great shoulder mobility exercise
- We recommend performing 3-4 sets of 10-15 reps
- Hold this position which is similar to the angel and devil
- It is important to contract the back muscles as hard as possible on each rep
- Aim to perform 4 sets of 15-20 reps
- Avoid over arching your back – you should be bracing your core and back muscles throughout
- Tension should be felt in the mid-back area
- Make sure each rep is smooth! No jerky actions
- We recommend 15-20 reps for 4 sets of this exercise
SPC is back!
Our facility will be reopening on July 25th 2020 with the recommended government guidelines regarding Covid-19 in the workplace.
SPC are committed to the continued health and wellbeing of our members and are currently offering limited personal training services using our outside facility only whilst all group training sessions remain online.