As a company dedicated to the health and wellbeing of our members and staff, we have taken the threat of Coronavirus in our community very seriously and have been running all of our training services online. This has proved to be a huge success and we will continue to do so with the vast majority of our members.
In line with the latest government recommendations for outdoor activity, SPC is delighted to announce that we are now offering our members the option of one to one personal training using the outdoor facility only, located at SPC. This will NOT be replacing our online services, it will just be an addition.
Providing You With The Safest Environment To Train
This has not been a decision we have taken lightly and have taken our time to ensure we have gone above and beyond what was required by the government before we commence with any of our clients in the outside area.
- We have completed the comprehensive Covid-19 risk assessment that was requested by Worthing College (where we are located) for their approval before commencing activity outside. This included our cleaning protocol, our medical & CPR protocol and our social distancing protocol.
- We have provided all our staff with PPE (masks and gloves) should they feel the need to use it (this is NOT required by the government when training clients outside).
- Social distancing measures will be enforced at all times during the personal training sessions.
- We have understood the importance of the health and safety of our members to develop a clear arrival and departure protocol (please see the video below).
- We have invested in the recommended cleaning products that will be used pre and post exercise session on any equipment used. No equipment will be shared and there will be minimal use in sessions.
- We have invested in an infrared thermometer which will be used on all members of staff and SPC members upon arrival. This isn’t a government requirement but allows us to identify anyone who may be showing one of the 5 Covid-19 symptoms (a temperature above 37.8 degrees).
- We have procedures in place for all staff regarding CPR and resuscitation as per the advice from Resuscitations Council UK.
- All staff at SPC are first aid trained. The first aid bag and defibrillator is located 5m away from the outside space.
- All members of staff and SPC members will be advised to check for symptoms before travelling to SPC and should NOT visit if they are displaying any of the 5 symptoms stated above. We would also request that you advise us and do not attend sessions in person if you have been in contact with anyone displaying symptoms or who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the last seven days.
- If anyone visiting the outside area at SPC shows any of the 5 symptoms upon arrival, they will be advised to self-isolate at home for at least seven days. People are advised not to ring NHS 111 to report their symptoms unless they are worried. They should also not go to their GP, or A&E. They will NOT be allowed to undergo their training session.
The Arrival and Departure Protocol at SPC for Outside Personal Training
What About Group Training?
Group training at SPC is an extremely popular service. Our SPC Men, SPC Women and SPC Youth programmes have been working amazingly online via Zoom. Until the government allow more than 2 people to meet outside from different households, SPC will continue to run all group training services online.
Members of SPC group training; please be aware that we have already planned our reopening strategy at SPC and we are ready to go as soon as it is deemed safe to do so. It is most likely that our group training will initially run outside using the areas we have access to at Worthing College, so we can adhere to any social distancing rules in place. We can’t wait to see you all back at SPC in person, even though we have been amazed by what you have achieved during our online sessions so far.
Everything we do is for the safety of you all and we want to continue making your life just that little bit more enjoyable through exercise.
Stay safe, stay healthy and see you soon.
SPC is back!
Our facility will be reopening on July 25th 2020 with the recommended government guidelines regarding Covid-19 in the workplace.
SPC are committed to the continued health and wellbeing of our members and are currently offering limited personal training services using our outside facility only whilst all group training sessions remain online.